A well-functioning HVAC system is essential when it comes to keeping your home comfortable year-round. However, unexpected issues can arise, leaving you needing prompt and reliable HVAC repair in Knoxville, TN. At Fannon & Sons Heating Cooling, we’re here to help you navigate these challenges and restore comfort to your home. Before you start stressing over a malfunctioning HVAC system, we’ve got five essential checks for you to perform. By following these steps, you can troubleshoot and resolve minor issues independently.
Remember, if you need professional assistance or want to ensure a thorough inspection, our expert team is just a phone call away. Don’t let HVAC troubles disrupt your comfort – let Fannon & Sons Heating Cooling be your trusted partner.
Ensure A Smooth-Running HVAC System With These Checks
Before contacting an HVAC service technician for repair or maintenance, you can perform several essential checks yourself. By taking a few moments to inspect these key areas, you can identify simple issues that can be resolved without professional assistance. Not only can this save you time and money, but it also lets you be well-informed when contacting us at Fannon & Sons Heating Cooling for expert HVAC service in Knoxville, TN. Before making that service call, explore the five things you should check.
- Check the Thermostat Settings: The thermostat is the control center of your HVAC system, and incorrect settings can lead to cooling or heating problems. Take a moment to verify that the thermostat is set to the correct mode (cooling, heating, or fan) and that the temperature is adjusted to your desired level. Sometimes, simple adjustments to the thermostat settings can resolve temperature inconsistencies and restore comfort to your home.
- Inspect the Air Filters: Air filters are crucial in maintaining indoor air quality and ensuring optimal HVAC system performance. Dirty or clogged filters can hinder airflow and strain your system, reducing efficiency and potentially increasing energy bills. Take the time to inspect your air filters and clean or replace them if necessary. Regular maintenance of air filters promotes better indoor air quality and helps your HVAC system operate at its best.
- Check the Circuit Breaker and Power Supply: If your HVAC system is not turning on or functioning correctly, it’s essential to check the circuit breaker and ensure that your system receives power. Look for tripped switches in the circuit breaker panel and reset them if necessary. If the breaker continues to trip, it could indicate a more significant electrical issue requiring professional attention.
- Examine the Vents and Registers: Blocked or closed vents and registers can impede proper airflow, leading to inefficient cooling or heating. Walk around your home and inspect each vent and register to ensure they are clear and unobstructed. Remove any furniture, drapes, or objects blocking the vents. Additionally, check if the registers have adjustable dampers and ensure they are correctly adjusted to balance airflow throughout your home.
- Check for Unusual Sounds or Smells: Unusual sounds or strange odors from your HVAC system can indicate underlying problems requiring attention. Listen for grinding, rattling, or squealing noises suggesting mechanical issues. Similarly, be aware of any foul or musty odors emanating from the vents, as it could indicate mold growth or other issues. If you see any of these signs, contacting our HVAC service technician is best to diagnose and address the problem promptly.
Before picking up the phone to call an HVAC service technician, take a few moments to perform these five essential checks. By verifying thermostat settings, inspecting air filters, checking the circuit breaker, examining vents and registers, and listening for unusual sounds or detecting strange odors, you can identify simple issues you can resolve independently.
However, if you find that professional assistance is required, Fannon & Sons Heating Cooling is here to provide reliable and efficient HVAC service in Knoxville, TN. Contact us, and our professionals will promptly address your HVAC system concerns, ensuring your home remains comfortable and your indoor air quality is optimized.