Is It Time to Replace Your AC?
Air conditioners don’t last forever, unfortunately. Here at Fannon & Sons, we’re all about being open and honest with our customers, and that means giving you the information you need to make a smart financial decision for the future of your home comfort. If your air conditioner is in good shape, then we’ll tell you. If it’s nearing replacement, then we’ll also tell you. You can always trust us.
That being said, some homeowners are just curious about when the right time for AC replacement in Knoxville, TN might be. That’s okay! Everyone should be a little more informed about their air conditioning and the status of their AC. The more you know, the more likely you are to make a well-researched decision and save money in the long run.
So, let’s talk about some clear signs that mean your AC is ready for retirement.
Maybe You Just Need a Quick Fix
Air conditioners don’t always need to be replaced when they encounter a problem. Your system could just need some help with a quick, professional fix. We’re here to help you sift through the problems to recognize which just needs repairs and which needs the whole system to be replaced. Take a look at some signs that you might just need a quick fix.
- A Strange Sound: Sounds can usually be located in a specific area and fixed. Perhaps even a component will need to be replaced, but this isn’t always a sign that your whole system is failing.
- A Refrigerant Leak: Whether you can hear the refrigerant leak, smell it, or you’re noticing it in poor cooling and high bills, it can be patched and repaired by a technician.
- A Hiccup in the Cooling Process: Sometimes homeowners panic when something goes wrong with their air conditioners. Hiccups and one-time problems happen, and that’s what our repair services are for.
Replacement Is for the Long Term
Not everything can be fixed with a quick repair. Sometimes, you need to start investing in the replacement of your old or outdated system. Here are some ways to detect that replacement is in your future:
- The Age of your System: Simply put, if your air conditioner is beyond 10 years of age, it’s likely going to need replacement soon.
- The Efficiency of the Unit: If your bills are getting higher year after year, then you need to replace your system with one that will run more efficiently.
- The Extent of Repairs and Problems: Your air conditioner is not designed to need repairs every single year. If you’re stressed out from all the problems your system is running into, then get it replaced.
- How Expensive a Fix would be: Measure the cost of a repair vs the cost of replacing the whole system. Replacement might be more cost-effective.
Unsure of Which to Choose?
Don’t worry, this can be a complicated thing to figure out. That’s why it’s important you have a trusted team of professionals by your side to make this decision with you. Call us and tell us about your predicament!
Call Fannon & Sons Heating Cooling for expert advice on your comfort options. Welcome to the Family!