Fannon & Sons Heating Cooling Plumbing Frequently Asked Questions
Have you ever looked at your air conditioner and had a few questions come to mind? Perhaps if you had a relative or a friend in the HVAC industry, you’d just shoot them a text and see what their response would be. That sounds like a pretty handy resource to have, and one of the reasons why today’s blog exists!
We might not be related to you by blood, (and depending on your favorite football team, we might be only tentative friends) but we want to be a resource for our neighbors so they can ask those curious questions. After all, we work with these systems day in and day out, out of anyone in the area, we should be able to answer your frequently asked questions!
So, keep reading to learn about air conditioning in Knoxville, TN. And don’t forget that if you’ve got a question that’s not mentioned on this list, call our team and ask us in person!
Our Handy Guide to Frequent Questions
Let’s start with some of the questions that we receive on a regular basis. Remember, as technology changes, so will the frequently asked questions we get, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with us and ask us about your questions!
- How Does an Air Conditioner Cool My Home? An AC unit cools the air in your home by drawing heat out of it using pressurized refrigerant. Through evaporation and condensation of that refrigerant, the AC can just move the heat from inside your home to the outside with no real cost other than electricity!
- How Long Should I Wait to Call for AC Repairs?: Well, in pretty much all cases, the earlier you call for AC repairs the better. Waiting to call for help can be a gamble since your air conditioner might develop additional problems, or your repair need might compound with another one. Even if you’re struggling to make a payment, call our team for repairs and ask us about our financing options.
- Should My AC be Making that Noise?: There are very few noises your AC should be making. You should hear a click when it turns on or off, and the gentle hum of it working as it blows cool air through your vents. Anything else, like buzzing, grinding, shrieking, or bubbling, should warrant a call to a pro.
- Why is Lukewarm Air Coming From My Vents?: If your air conditioner is struggling, you might notice its inability to provide your home with cool air. Call us for repairs to have this fixed.
- How Do I Deal with Hot Spots?: Hot spots are certain areas that stay warm even when your AC is on full blast. These can be due to having leaky doors or single-paned windows that let too much heat or sunlight in. Talk to our team to investigate some suggestions to better insulate your home.
- Does My AC Use Water?: This is a good question! Even though you might see your air conditioner drip water, it doesn’t actually use any water. It uses a chemical refrigerant that then draws heat from the atmosphere. This can sometimes draw moisture as well, causing it to condense along the coils and drain from the system.
Call Fannon & Sons Heating Cooling for comprehensive AC repair or if you have any other questions. Welcome to the Family!