5 Tips to Stay Cool This Summer
Summer has already started and I think we speak for everyone when we say it’s going to be a hot one. Temperatures are already breaking records and we haven’t even gotten into August! When this happens, it’s important to count our blessing and remember that our homes can still easily be cooled by an air conditioner that’s taken care of.
Our team is always available for AC repair in Knoxville, but that’s not the only thing that matters during the summer. It’s important to regulate air, stay hydrated, and avoid outdoor activities when temperatures get really hot here in Knoxville.
If you keep reading, we’ve decided to put our expertise to the test and talk about some tips and tricks for avoiding hot and muggy weather effects. We’ve put together a quick guide for families to help keep things comfortable, cool, and most importantly—safe!
Keep Things Comfortable
It’s important that homeowners not think of staying cool in the summer as a luxury. After all, our bodies aren’t meant to take that much direct sunlight and heat. That’s how sunburns and heatstrokes develop, and we’re trying to promote good, safe habits that can keep you and your family safe on the hottest days of the year. Here are a few things that you can do to get the most out of your summer without being bothered, hot, and burned.
- Stay Hydrated: The human body is a remarkable thing. We’re able to sweat water so that the process of evaporation dries us off and cools us down, even on the hottest days of the year. That being said, this process consumes a lot of water, and the hotter it is, the more water you’re losing just through sweat.
Make sure you drink plenty of water so that you’re able to stay safe and hydrated throughout the day. Look up some fun, yummy recipes for homemade lemonade or juices, so you can stay hydrated while also satiating your tastebuds!
- Utilize Fans or a Dehumidifier: The dryer your air, the cooler it is going to feel. Ceiling fans help keep air moving which improves evaporation and keeps things feeling dry and cool. Invest in a dehumidifier if you find yourself running into muggy temperatures that cause your air conditioner to flounder.
- Limit Your Outdoor Activities: While fun outdoors is a sacred pastime of the summer, it’s also easy to get overtired, overheated, and sick with heatstroke. Make sure to limit your time running and jumping outdoors, especially on those extremely hot days, so that you’re staying safe and healthy.
- Avoid Too Much Sun: Feeling that morning warmth of the sun can be an immaculate sensation. The problem is that the sun will burn your skin with harmful UV rays, and it will also cause you to dry out more quickly. Spend some time indoors and utilize sunscreen to protect yourself against the harmful effects of the sun.
- Fix Your AC Early: Is it less than eighty degrees out right now? Good, then it’s the perfect time to call us and have your AC fixed. You want your system ready for the hottest days of the year, and we bet those days are yet to come. Call us to have your system fixed earlier rather than later.
Call Fannon & Sons Heating Cooling for comprehensive AC repairs that are fast and effective. Welcome to the Family!